THE 7TH INTERNATIONAL COLLECTORS FAIR PROVED SUCCESSFUL
(26 March 2013)
The weekend marked by collectors at the Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre was successfully concluded. The Collecta in the three days gathered almost 6,000 visitors, 140 collectors and merchants
from 19 countries
(Austria, Bulgary, Check Republik, China, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Nederland, Polland, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia, United States of America). The fields most heavily represented at the fair were philately, numismatics, cartophily and mineralogy.
You are able to preview the photogallery of this years Collecta at the link below:
COLLECTA OPENS ITS DOORS TODAY
(21 March 2013)
We are pleased to inform you that this year Collecta will host a record number of exhibitors (more than 140 exhibitors) from 18 different countries.
- You can check the final LIST OF PARTICIPANTS here>>.
The official opening of the exhibition will begin at noon. Those who want to purchase exclusive collecting items will be able to enter the exhibition at 10 am with the special VIP ticket
, which you have to order in advance.
- You can ORDER THE VIP TICKETS here>>
The highlights of the first day:
|THE GRAND OPENING OF COLLECTA AND PRESENTATION OF SPECIAL STAMPS at 12:15 pm in B2 basement hall, with welcome speeches of the president of Collecta’s Programme Committee Mitja Lamut, Marjan Osvald from Slovenian Post and the Ambassador of the Czech Republic to the Republic of Slovenia H.E. Mr Petr Voznica. Find out more>>
|panel WHY IS INVESTING INTO COLLECTIONS AND PRECIOUS METALS PRUDENT? at 4:30 pm in B2 basement hall
Led by: Barbara Režek (Moro & Kunst d. o. o.)
Guests: Stanko Štiblar (Masta trade d. o. o.), Saša France (Philadria d. o. o.), Luka Mitrović (Silverland.si), Jaka Prijatelj (Carniola Antiqua d. o. o.) Find out more>>
During Collecta do not overlook also:
(19 March 2013)
COLLECTA WILL ALSO HOST EXPERTS FOR VALUATION OF ROYAL COLLECTIONS
At their exhibition venue (no. 27), the Company Moro
will host experts of two esteemed auction houses Künker
, who also valuate royal coin collections.
You are kindly invited to meet their guests on Thursday, 21st March 2013, between noon and 1 pm
. If you own old coins, interesting for the European market, and you want an expert opinion, you can present yourself on the telephone number +386 1 530 44 08.
THE DIE HAS BEEN CAST ...
(18th March 2013)
Each year you have the opportunity to purchase
the Collecta occasional philatelic material
- from personal post stamps
, post cards
and maximum cards
. This year we invited the famus slovenian designer, illustrator and photographer Matjaž Učakar
, who designed many coins for the Bank of Slovenia (Banka Slovenije), occasional post stamps and illustrated postcards for the Slovenian Post (Pošta Slovenije), phone cards for the slovenian telecommunication company Telekom Slovenije and other material.
About this years occasional material, which he designed, Mr. Učakar said: "The passion for collecting has no boundaries and collecting of gambling dices can also be a hobby. A very successfull fair, which has been going on for six years now and where visitors play all the time, gave me the idea of designing the dice with its maximum, in this case added value - the seventh dot. The die has been cast ... and the 7th International Collecting Fair is here!"
The occasional philatelic material
of this year's Collecta will be put on sale
during the three-day event
and the fair reception
(at the entrance). You will also be able to buy all the occasional philatelic material of past Collecta fairs
. If among you there is someone who can't waint until the fair, you are able to purchase the past Collecta's material in the e-shop:
A RICH PRIZE GAME
(12th March 2013)
Did you know that only visitors
of the 7th
Collecta Fair will be able
to participate in a special prize game
? Come visit this year's Collecta, get your prize game leaflet at the tickets office, answer the prize winning question and fill in the leaflet. The prizes, waiting for the winners are:
- Cook Islands Silver Coin, Tina Maze
- Andorra Silver Coin, 3D Butterfly
- Cook Islands Gold Coin, White Stork
- Dinner for two at the Plaza Hotel Ljubljana
Visit this year's Collecta and take pyart in the prize game!
FIRST TIME EVER!
PRESENTING NINE SILVER TIFFANY ART COINS
(8th March 2013)
For the first time on public display
will be all nine silver Tiffany Art coins
. The series began in 2004 and is minted in pure silver, weighing two ounces or 62.2 g, silver purity 999/1000; each year only 999 coins are made, each year a coin is decorated by a different piece of Tiffany's masterpiece. The entire collection will be on display only during the the Collecta fair
at the Silverland exhibition venue
(28th February 2013)
THE LIST OF EXHIBITORS IS KNOWN!
This year's trades and collectors are coming from 15 different countries (Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Montenegro, Germany, France, Croatia, Italy, Lichtenstein, Litva, the Netherlands, Polland, Slovenia, Serbia). Again the most represented fields will be Numismatics and Philately. The list which is being populated daily is available below:
CURIOUS ABOUT THIS YEAR’S COLLECTA PROGRAMME?
Collecta’s programme committee was very constructive this year and prepared an excellent programme. We have drawn special attention to children, who will have many things to see at Collecta. You are cordially invited to join us at this three-day event that will include:
- thematic exhibition »Fairy Tales and the Magic Number 7« , with Kinder and Pez figures depicting fairy tale characters (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Bambi, the Lion King etc.), illustrations, picture books, posters and other objects from the Walt Disney world; there will also be old postcards and greeting cards with illustrations taken from the Grimm brothers’ fairy tales and coins with fairy tale motives. Special attention will be drawn to the Slovene folk fairy tale The Golden Bird (Zlata ptica) as there will be an exhibition of collecting objects that appear in this fairy tale;
- rexhibitions of the most beautiful Slovene stamps, numismatic letters, banknotes with the smallest monetary value and coins from 70 countries, fluorescent minerals, fossils, postcards with photos of Slovene natural and cultural heritage etc.,
- auctions of old and rare children’s books, postcards, prints, posters and other collecting objects (the auction is traditionally prepared by Antikvariat Glavan);
- panels about investing in various valuables - precious metals, jewels, numismatic and philatelic objects, pictures etc.;
- presentation of memorial or historic medals/citations, that are part of the Slovene numismatics or are somehow conn;
- children's corner, with philatelic, creative and other workshops and animation.
Follow our web page as we will soon publish the descriptions of particular collecting objects that will appear at this year’s Collecta, the schedule of the lectures and the auctions and the list of participants.
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND FEBRUARY 2013!
(11 February 2013)
Do not miss out the final application deadline ending on 22nd February 2013 for this year's Collecta.
More information on the fair and other participation possibilities are available in the Invitation to Participate on the link below:
The quickest way to confirm your participation is by filling out the e-application form:
For more news see here>>